Friday, June 27, 2008

Introducing.....

Hello everyone!

I can't believe how easy it was to create this blog! Well, since you've taken the time to wander into my little corner of the cyberspace jungle, I'll give you a few words about who I am.

My name is Timothy John Chalmers (just "Tim" is fine) and I have been a secondary English teacher for five years. I got my Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in English Language and Literature with First Class Standing from Brock University. I went to teacher's college in Buffalo at D'Youville College and shortly thereafter began supply teaching for both the public and catholic school boards here in the Niagara Region. I spent 4 years as an L.T.O., working at various schools and developing some wonderful professional relationships, before landing at my current school, where I am proud to say I got a full-time contact just this past September.

I currently teach for the Niagara Catholic District School Board at St. Francis Catholic Secondary School in St. Catharines, Ontario. I've taught just about every section of English, Grades 9-12, in my five years, including developing the Locally Developed English program for Grade 10, and the Grade 12 Ontario Literacy Course. I absolutely love my job and look forward to developing the new GLE 2O technology course this coming September.

So that's the "professional me" in a nutshell. Thanks for reading, and keep checking back as this blog develops :)

No comments: